How to Apply
Applications, in the student’s own hand writing, should include the following four components:
- A letter of introduction and motivation (300-500 words) giving reasons for the application, and record of extra-curricular and service activities. This letter should include:
- Student’s full names, gender, and passport size photo;
- Place and date of birth;
- Contact details [i.e. address; mobile number; e-mail address];
- Source of UWC information – how did you learn about the UWC?
- A short essay (200-300 words) reflecting on the following statement: “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” (Nelson Mandela);
- Personal reference from the school head teacher/principal, or a school teacher well acquainted with the student;
- Official record of national S4 (Ordinary Level) examination results.
Individual applications can be submitted by post-mail or e-mail:
UWC Uganda National Committee
c/o P.O. Box 24749
All applications must be received by Friday 22 March 2019. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be considered. Individual applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible in anticipation of any delays in the postal service. For further information contact the UWC Uganda National Committee at 0777912187 / 0778053530 or email: email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 25 March 2019 and invited to participate in a one-day selection with the UWC Uganda National Committee on 30 March 2019 in Kampala.
NB: You can download the application form below.